The best Brownie recipe!!

So after my previous post , I just wanted to be sure that the brownie recipe was the ONE I wanted to re-use.. basically the Go-to recipe for me in future.. decided to give it one more go just to make sure it works.

Turns out, it's slightly different each time I try it. But, more or less, I get the texture I want, slightly crispy and chewy but also fudgy..

I found that some things really matter, so I have included my notes below..

Recipe
87g butter (if you can't get exact, best to err on the side of more butter)
100g dark / semi-sweet chocolate (I used baking chocolate, but I guess eating chocolate works too.. it may turn out slightly different)
150g sugar (yes it seems a lot, but do not skimp on the sugar, you can't get the texture otherwise)
37g cocoa powder
50g plain flour
3 small/medium-sized eggs
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Chocolate chips (for stirring in, optional, but I feel it adds to the moisture / fudginess)

Preheat oven 180 degrees C.

1. Melt butter and chocolate over a water bath.
2. Beat eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla essence until pale and fluffy. If using mixer, beat on high.
3. Mix cocoa powder and flour with a whisk.
4. Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the butter and chocolate in a thin stream to the egg mixture.
5. Fold in the cocoa and flour mixture until smooth.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. It is important to use a metallic baking tray, instead of a silicone one or even a cupcake case. This ensures that the brownie cooks fast enough. Also it spreads out more, giving a thinner brownie, so that it cooks fast enough.
7. Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes. If you would like a less fudgy / gooey bake, can bake for 2-3 minutes more.
8. Wait until completely cooled before eating. (the hardest part!)

The baked brownie!!

One thing I found was that for the more fudgy pieces, they gave a really nice texture after being in the fridge for a few hours. So give that a try!

Comments

Popular Posts