Seoul / Bangkok April 2017: After You Cafe Bangkok

Finally! This is the last blog for my Seoul April 2017 trip. Thank you for bearing with me and I promise I will continue with the recipes soon!

In this blog I also wanted to say a little something about Thai Airways. This is my first time taking Thai Airways to anywhere. The reason we chose this airline was so that we could have a 6 hour stopover in Bangkok on the return leg. Yes, the flight time is longer, but the air fare is cheaper. At least it was when I booked it.

I must say I was really impressed. We first have to take a flight from Singapore to Bangkok and transit for the flight to Seoul, and vice versa. The service was really good and seats comfortable. For the food, there were choices like green curry prawns, garlic chicken and basil leaf chicken. The amount of food is a lot. I remember being seriously full after the flights! I would definitely be on the lookout for any future promos for Thai Airways for my next trip(s).



It's my first time in Bangkok but everyone was telling me that I had to go to After You cafe. And so I went.



Here's what I ordered: matcha crepe cake, iced earl grey lychee tea and the Shibuya toast (original / vanilla flavour). 

The crepes of the matcha crepe cake were darker in colour compared to the usual golden brown crepe. Texture-wise, the crepes felt more airy and lighter than what I was used to having. As for the cream, it is quite smooth, but did not have the texture of a stiffly whipped cream. It is more like a soft whipped cream. Also, I did not really taste the matcha in the cream. Overall, the cake is smooth, soft and pleasant.

I found the iced earl grey lychee tea very very sweet. The tea tasted mainly of lychee. I was really looking forward to a thirst quencher after walking quite a bit in the streets of Bangkok in 38 degrees C heat! The free flow drink / tea that was served at After You cafe did quench my thirst though.

The Shibuya toast, I believe, is what everyone says is the must-try and raving about. To me, it is what it looks like, ice cream on very thick bread. There is a caramel buttery sauce on the bread, which personally I do not like. Overall, the contrast in texture between the cream, ice cream and bread make it an interesting dessert. 

I would come back to visit After You cafe if I am ever in Bangkok again, to try more crepe cakes and other items on the menu. Maybe go for the milk tea drinks.

After You Cafe
7th Floor, Central World (and other branches)
https://www.afteryoudessertcafe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts